The Sandbjerg Mansion ranks among the most beautiful mansions in Southern Jutland and was built in 1788. It served the Prussians as a military headquarters and a field hospital during the war of 1864.
On June 29. 1864 its clock played a crucial role when it signalled the Prussians crossing Als Sund at two o´clock at night.
Aarhus University now uses this mansion for course activities.