The Sandbjerg Mansion

Photo: VisitSønderborg
Attractions
Castles and manor houses
Address

Sandbjergvej 104

6400 Sønderborg

Contact

The Sandbjerg Mansion ranks among the most beautiful mansions in Southern Jutland and was built in 1788. It served the Prussians as a military headquarters and a field hospital during the war of 1864.

On June 29. 1864 its clock played a crucial role when it signalled the Prussians crossing Als Sund at two o´clock at night.

Aarhus University now uses this mansion for course activities.

Address

Sandbjergvej 104

6400 Sønderborg

Last updated by
VisitSønderborg